Saturday, March 04, 2006

January 24th

Wholly Crap....

The time is just whipping by. I wanted to have a rough assembly by the end of next week but that looks next to impossible. So I'm a wee bit stressed. We want to be finished by the end of MAY. So you have to count backwards all the things left to do; sound editing, music composition, ADR, Foley, Visual Effects, and the sound mix itself. So, I think I have to lock the picture, meaning no more picture changes, at the end of February.

Why did I shoot so much? Why are there so many scenes? Why couldn't I just get a job as a barista at some fancy coffee-teria? But in a few weeks, it'll all be done. Then comes the most rewarding part.

For me, once the sound work and Visual Effects starts, the compromising ends. From day one, when you imagine the concept, things get compromised; Have to lose a character, that effect is too expensive. That location is impossible. The camera can't do that move. Your best take is out of focus. Movies too long and time must be taken out. But once the picture is locked, I feel it is from that point on that film gets BETTER. The score and sound are only limited by your imagination, whereas shooting and script are limited by MANY logistical issues.

So today, I'm going to get past Scene 100... a milestone. Yippee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

Powered by Blogger