Saturday, April 15, 2006

APRIL 15 - REPLIES & JEWISON

Well, most of the ADR is now recorded. Alanna did a kick ass job in a very difficult situation. She had to recreate some very emotional and trying scenes. She was EXTREMELY good at mimicking her own delivery. Freakishly so. The editors and recordist were very impressed at her ability to sync her delivery to near perfection to a performance she gave 6 months ago. Kudos Chizz.

So, I believe almost all movies have ADR. The amount varies depending on the film and the circumstances of each one. THE CHAIR has a higher percentage than usual as we recorded in a very creaky house with noisy floors and many dolly shots... a wicked combination. The dolly noise can be heard over all the dialogue. We also shot outside plenty WITHOUT locking the exteriors, meaning, traffic and pedestrians were not stopped and the background noise is overwhelming. Some movies are shot in studio, where external noise is at a minimum.

On a separate note, Duane asked who my favourite director was. I like the Coen Brothers, but I must say my favourite is Norman Jewison. Yes, he is a proud Canadian, but that is not the reason why. I think he has such a strong and diverse body of work; The Heat of the Night(which won MANY Oscars including Best Picture (seen here)), Rollerball, Jesus Christ Superstar (in honour of tomorrow being Easter, I've included a picture of from that too), Russians are Coming, Moonstruck, Soldier Story, Agnes of God and many more. All very different. Sure he has some that were not so good, but overall, to me, very successful both creatively and financially.
Next week, I get my first chance to hear what composer Kurt Swinghammer has cooked for THE CHAIR. I'll report back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brett Sullivan said...

Well Mr. Esposito....

It's Brett here and hell yeah... the girls look hot.... they are. I have a GREAT job. And the 'dead guy', well he 'ain't'.

Thanks for the comment though.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

Powered by Blogger