Wednesday, April 05, 2006

APRIL 4 - CREAK

Okay, I guess I wasn't overt enough at the end of the last blog...

CREAK, as a title for "THE CHAIR" was a belated APRIL FOOLS. It has stirred up the pot a little bit. Some people even seem to prefer it. I was surprised by that as I though it was obviously silly. I guess not.

So we have ADR booked for April 10-14. It's happening so fast. Very exciting. The sound editors are hard at work and Kurt Swinghammer is busy 'cooking' up some textures. The only piece of the puzzle still missing is foley artist. But Ronayne, dialogue/ADR editor, has grabbed the reigns, and is tracking down a foley artist. Oh yeah.... and it's her birthday today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ronayne. Not that she is actually gonna read this.

On a separate non-CHAIR specific note, I was invited to screen some 35mm print of a DV feature from one of our countries most prolific and recognizable directors. It looked GREAT. I was really impressed how the DV stood up. If I had come n cold without knowing it was shot on video, I might have believed some of it was shot on 35mm. Of course there are some 'tells' like blown our backgrounds and windows and some highlights here and there, but overall....FANTASTIC. It's the future for sure. Of course we are still interested in blowing THE CHAIR up to 35mm. Kiarash, the royal DP-ness on The CHAIR did such great work, I'm sure it would be stunning on 35mm. Bit it's still a matter of mega $$$$. We'll see....



Oh yeah, and just for fun.... here are some pix of a tennis court on the helipad of that famous Dubai Hotel.... FREAKY

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ramon has left a new comment on your post "APRIL 4 - CREAK":

A joke? A JOKE! I'll tell you what's a joke, the fact that you think that I didn't know it was an April fools joke and that my endorsement of the said "creak" title change and the potential Scooby Doo-ification of it was also infact a Joke. But the biggest Joke of all is your conversations with your Cat, cause we all know, that that sh*t is true. You know how I know you're gay? You downloaded photos of people playing tennis.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Brett Sullivan said...

Well Ramon;

I'm sorry, you seem genuinely upset. And when did 'my gay-ness' come into the conversation? Oh Ramon, perhaps you should up the dosage, or at least cut down on the caffeine. And leave my cat out of this.

As for you private message to me; A - I totally accept your humble apology and B - sorry dude, I don't swing that way... but thanks for the flattering offer I guess.

Brett

7:07 PM  
Blogger Brett Sullivan said...

Rob... of course you can contact me directly.

B.

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is the Blog today? What is going on? What of your cat? Halo? Lime flavored tasty treats? Foley Artists? WHAT? This blog is all I have................

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When is a trailer coing to be available? I wanna see it. Do you have a completion date yet? A release Date? Do you need a Date?

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. Your April Fool trick fooled no-one here, although I will make fun of Alex the next time I see her...

Adam

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I deserve to be made fun of, I was trying to be polite.
A

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

Powered by Blogger