Saturday, March 04, 2006

January 31st

So today I feel a little dirty. I was cutting a scene that has a hint of sexual deviancy. Of course it was written to be that way and we shot it. But when it's all cut together and the actual message/story is told with in the scene, that's when it hits you.

When conceiving and writing the scene, it's all kind of abstract. You can only imagine the depravity.

While shooting the scene, the impact is far away from mind as there are many other things to think about at the time. I'm sure for the actor, Alanna Chisholm, it was a weird and disturbing moment. But to direct it, you looking for so much more besides just a realistic and gripping performance... the lighting, the composition, the movement,the craft service, the time of day, the light you're losing etc.

Also, the scene actually takes place over several scenes and then over several shots per scene.
So again, the total immorality of the overall objective isn't really grasped until it's all put together in one sequence.

W ell, that happened to me today. it kind of gave me a chill. Creepy.So I'm pleased that it worked as this was my first time seeing it all together. It's not exactly subtle but I don't think everyone that sees this sequence will totally understand, and that's great. It requires some.

And no, I'm not going to tell you what the scene is.... just know that it works and I'm happy. I'm sick, twisted and sexually corrupt, but I'm happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

Powered by Blogger