Saturday, March 04, 2006

February 1st

I have to admit, today I was tired. No excuse, just tired. On a personal note, I have cut WAY back on my caffeine intake. Only decaf from now on if I can help it.

But regardless, I'm tired today. No big revelations today, just cutting a bunch of the smaller scenes together. Although I will say one thing that I've learned, for about the 11th time in my life. I should know better as an editor.

You can NEVER have enough Establishing shots. We shot plenty on numerous occasions. We don't have enough. Also, at the time of shooting, hold on a locked off frame for a count of 5. Don't think it's 5 seconds... count it off. Longer if possible. But under the time pressure of shooting, you are always rushing.

So here I am in the edit suite, looking for more establishers, as the old Victorian house is also a character, and I'm struggling to find more. Some that I have are too short. Lesson learned... AGAIN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

Powered by Blogger