Saturday, March 04, 2006

February 6th

I'm close.... so very close. I've almost completed my first assembly. I just want to finish this pass to see what the movie actually looks like.... how it feels.

So far, I have only scene it in chunks. I want to let the entire story and visuals and performaces wash over in one showing instead of intermittantly. Then, I fianlly know what this movie is. If the movie works. I think it does.

Same with the performances. When you shoot out of sequence, the actors have the difficult job of gaging their performance based on where in the story they feel their characters are. It must be very difficult for them to anticipate a mood and tone for something out of sequence. I can help with that as a director. But generally, the task is the actors. So the level and angst they had in scene 50, had match the level they had in scene 49, but scene 50 was shot two weeks ago and scene 49 is today. It's tough.

What was I saying... I get sidetracked. I basically just type what goes on in my brain... mmmm, I like Vanilla lattés.

Oh yeah, I have maybe a few more days until everything I shot has been edited. I'm looking forward to that time when I can see the good and the bad. We get to actaully evaluate the film we made. It's scary, cuz it may or may NOT be disappointing. Only time will tell......MMMMM Latté.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

Powered by Blogger