Thursday, May 04, 2006

MAY 5th - MUSIC Part 2

WOW - next week, starting Monday, we begin the pre-mix for "THE CHAIR". Wholly crap, it just sort of creeps up on you. So in like 3 weeks, the whole movie will be complete... finished.

It was only about 10 months ago that my partners, Doug and Michael, even talked about about making a film. We didn't even have an idea yet. The whole thing took less than a year. Amazing.... maybe even stupid.

Well yesterday, Kurt Swinghammer invited me over to listen to the score that he has been revising since my last visit. And right after we finished a DELICIOUS burrito from Kensington Market, we got to it. MMMMMMmmmm Burrito.

Once again, (see April 19th's entry), Kurt continues to wow. There are some disappointments too. There were few times that I would NOT like revision that Kurt has done and I would suggest a change... then Kurt would say, "Um that's the way it was last time, I changed it based on your note". Meaning, it was better before. If it's any consolation Kurt, as an editor, I go thru WEEKS of that exact same thing. Spending days making changes, only to have the director/producer/P.A. claim that it was better the old way. But the trick is, you can NEVER stop trying those changes because MOST of them are better.

The thing I like about the score, without giving away a spoiler, is that at 'key' moments, Kurt has used instrumentation that instantly takes you to that event. It's super cool. That's right... I said " SUPER COOL".

Yesterday, Doug and I went searching for publicity photos to send along with our film festival packages. Long story short here, even though we had near a thousand stills, we needed more. There are some scenes that like 100 photos for that moment. But for other moments, nothing suitable. What I'm trying to say is this.... DO NOT SCRIMP on STILLS. You can never have too many. ----- Dee, de......deeeeeeee - "the More You Know".

What's up peeps... haven't a question in while... are you ALL forsaking me? Don't make me back up MY blog and go home cuz I'll do it.... I WILL.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have any idea what the rating will be?

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when will we get to see it? What are the "Toronto Film Festival" odds?

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

Powered by Blogger