Saturday, March 04, 2006

February 7th



So I was little nervous today knowing I was having a meeting this afternoon. A local effects company, huge in the business, has agreed to help us out with some shots. It would cost us a fortune, but we happen to have 'connections'. So we are getting a VERY good rate. Once again, a case of who you know.

So back in September, before we started shooting, I approached said connection and pleaded my case for 'X' amount of shots for 'Y' amountof time.

CUT TO - After shooting, the scenes in question are cut together and'X' and 'Y' are are ready to be seen. I was worried that I exceeded our 'deal' and was now asking for far more. Well, he loved it. In fact, he was offering to do more effects. After showing some selected scenes. he suggested ways in which they could be improved. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Not only willing to go beyond expectations ,but offering to increase his efforts.

The big surprise was when he started asking how certain shots were achieved. A real compliment when it comes from one of the most experienced guys in visual effects. So, a good day. Oh yeah, and I did some editing, that was fine too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

Powered by Blogger