Thursday, March 09, 2006

GUEST BLOGGER - ALANNA CHISHOLM



ALANNA CHISHOLM - LEAD in "THE CHAIR" (formerly HUSH)
That's her scary self - she does her own lighting
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Michael and Doug have decided that since Sully has been removed from the film after breaking morality code (those poor carnies!), it is only appropriate that I take over his position as director/editor on Hush. I feel slightly responsible for the Jack Daniels though, considering Brett never drank until he met me... You can imagine it was all downhill from there. In fact, I am most defintely the person who caused many of the people working on the production to drink. Add sleep deprivation to the mix, and you've got a fun recipe for chaos and disaster.

So, I don't have any experience in editing per-say, but it can't be that difficult, c'mon. I've stopped by the suite enough times to pick up the basics from Brett, which include swearing profusely at the computer screens when he can't get something to work, and drinking copious amounts coffee and vanilla bean lattes (virgin or extra boozey), among other exciting tasks. And I'm super bossy, so the directing thing should be a snap. Hahaha... Okay, that was fun. Now I'm done.

In all seriousness, I am so excited to see the "almost locked" picture cut of the movie. I actually haven't been by the suite in ages... I think the last time I saw any footage was when Brett had only rough-cut the first 20 minutes. Allegedly (accompany with four finger quotation gesture), it looks pretty darn good. I've been trying to convince Sully to let me sit in the back at the screening next week, but he won't let me. Booooooouuurrrnnssss. I even offered to wear a false moustache and shades, but still, "NO DICE".

Anyway, can't wait to start ADR (I know it can be difficult to sense sarcasm through text, but work with me here people!), but in all honesty, it'll all be worth it in the end. Otherwise, I quit. Hahaha! Until next time..... "and... CUT!"

Love,
Chizzy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

Powered by Blogger