Saturday, March 04, 2006

February 15th



A second here, 4 seconds there.... That's how it's gonna be. I started to cut into the first assembly today. Within the first 2 minutes I lost 4 minutes. Just kidding of course. But I'm at the about the 7 minute mark and I've lost nearly one minute.

Once you start looking at something to get the plot and story going, you can really what has to be eliminated. When I'm cutting the scenes for the first time, it's about making sure I get all the info and beats that I shot. But now, I can see that some of them are superfluous. That's a fun word superfluous. Feel free to use it, tellt hem I said it was okay. Superfluous.

So I figure at this pace, for a 105 minute first assembly, I should be able to lose 10 minutes painlessly. The other five may hurt and some fun stuff may have to be eliminated. There's an expression.... pretty gross when you think about it..... aah forget it.. I can't type it. Maybe when we're more comfortable we each other, I'll tell you.

But the good stuff that get chucked out, that means more goodies forthe DVD in the form of Deleted scenes. I already know we shot somestuff that is FOR SURE not gonna make it in the movie... Wanna know why? I'll tell you... two words...

SUPERFLUOUS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

Powered by Blogger