Saturday, March 04, 2006

Februrary 16th




Still plugging away... tightening and experimenting. I'll go thru the entire movie many times seeing places to tighten. It's funny, once you tighten a movie then go back to the beginning, you start to see other areas that you first missed that could be trimmed. It's almost as if you are re-training your eye and senses each time you watch a tighter version.

I'm very excited this weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing "EIGHTBELOW". It's the film about the dogs stuck in the Antarctic. I'm a sucker for animal movies. They always get me all misty and happy.The last one I saw that I loved was "TWO BROTHERS" about the tiger siblings. But the thing that gets me, is the patience the director must have. Like W.C. Fields warned about, animals are notoriously unpredictable. And basing an entire movie on them as the maincharacter(s), well that's incredible. So I go to these type of movies not only to admire the courage of animals, but also to be astonished at what the director achieved. I hope its good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

Powered by Blogger