Monday, May 15, 2006

MAY 15 - MIX BEGINS



Okay... so I'm officially at the mix for THE CHAIR.

Doug Patterson, the producer is here as well to offer moral support... and well basically make smart ass comments. I've decided to ignore him.

"These guys have expensive chairs eh?"... a verbatim comment from Doug.

So, at the mix console we have Eric on the left, mixing dialogue and Music, and Kirk on the right mixing effects and foley and backgrounds....


Behind them, on standby is the sound designer Brent, with a healthy five o'clock shadow... in case something comes up that needs his immediate attention and requires some quick editing
.

So' I just sit, in the comfy 'expensive' chairs at the back and make a comment every now and then; "louder", "Can we pan that left", "Less sugar in my latté, bitch". It's the most fun part of making a film because you can achieve anything you desire with sound.

Right now, Eric and Kirk are arguing like an old married couple...Thee sexual tension is thick.... Doug says "Guys, c'mon, just have sex and get it over with, you know you want to" Doug is getting close to getting kicked out of the suite. He's giddy.

"Can I smoke in here?" says Doug.... he's a laugh riot. I think he's been drinking, but not alcohol, more like contaminated sewer water. The plus side of Doug here is he has a camera phone, and is taking pictures, which I have included in this blog. Thanks Doug.


So, we have a saying "Are you still on the ladder?" I became accustomed to this expression back during the GINGER SNAPS-UNLEASHED mix. Basically it was stolen from a 'painters' reference. Often, sitting in the back, I may comment on a sound, and the guys are still playing with the qualities of the sound, so they will say, "I'm still on the ladder". Meaning, like a painter, they are still working and are not ready to be critiqued. It's still a work in progress.
Like just know, I made a comment and Eric said "I haven't even gotten the ladder out of the garage yet", basically telling me he's just barely started.Okay... that's all I got for now... this blog is "still on the ladder" but I'm gonna post it anyway.... and besides. I gotta keep Doug company before the mixers quit.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SAY IT AINT SO BRETT, YOUR NOT A SWITCH HITTER ARE YOU????
ENJOY THE BLOG NONTHELESS....

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

Powered by Blogger