Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Producers Transcript -The Chair - Day 16 of 15


Some what derived from a true story.....

EXT. BRETT'S HOUSE DAY

--Super--MONDAY--

Director Brett Sullivan is standing in front of his Century Home, eating mini wheats from a bag, while he talks on his cell phone. It's late October and DOP Kiarash Sadigh and a very tired, yet determined film crew turn around for the next shot- apparently through the spokes of a moving bicycle on Danielle (Alanna Chisholm).

BRETT (on the phone)
Right. We'll light the grave stuff with a flashlight. I told you, I hate unexplainable light. Kiarash and I talked about it - it's the only way to light it. Anyway, where are you?

DOUG
I'm on my way to pick up a new answering machine for Sc. 992 with Michael and Hank. We broke Hank's answering machine and it's up next after lunch

BRETT
Right. Three people to get a prop? Amatuers. Ok, while your out, pick up a couple more of those yellow crank flashlights. We need a couple more....they break easiliy....I think the sound it makes when you wind it up is really creepy. Plus, it's got a radio, and I get scared and lonely at night.

DOUG
Brett, if we don't quit breaking things and adding days to the schedule, the Thursday Night Poker Club is going to send Rod the Hammer on the red eye from Moose Jaw with a present. Now, back to your plans to shoot a Halloween night, 20 hour, 40 person crew marathon shoot, with only a hand crank flashlight...

BRETT
Right.

Brett sees Kiarash has the yellow flashlight and is cranking it to give it power.

BRETT
Right. Kiarash, let me see that flashlight again. I love that sound, don't you? More flashlight! Roll everything!!!

HANK (yelling into Doug's phone)
Brett, I figured out the big prop gag on Sc. 1047. I think we'll get it in 18 takes this time.

Brett grabs a grilled cheese sandwich from a handy half apple and starts chewing loudly into the phone.

BRETT
Right. Good work Hank.

MICHAEL
Brett, I'm going to my place to write the last act of the film. With this schedule, you never know when we might need an ending. I've got a couple for you to pick from, but I still can't figure out why the carnies would have any reason to be in Sc. 47,322.8AQ

BRETT
Right. Let's shoot them all of them. Lose the carnies...bad memories...so pretty...um, er.. when's that up? On the schedule, the ending, I mean?

MICHAEL
Brett, let me tell you about lunch in the woods...Two words: Grilled Cheese.... and soup. Plus, I've been doing some cool things with balsamic vinegrette and rice noodles. I'm really getting quite good at this... and I'm enjoying myself... hey, did I ever tell you the story about the scorpion and the crane?

BRETT
Soup? What kind of soup....not cream soup...it's too creamy.

DOUG
That's why we need the Giant, to justify the carnies. Why don't you guys see that? We really need to focus here, it's day 16 of 15, the woods are on day 18 and that leaves only 3 days left... or is it 4....

ON BRETT - Off camera, a commotion.

BRETT
Kiarash!!! THE FLASHLIGHT!!!! ...... oh, the humanity.....

To be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

Powered by Blogger