Monday, May 22, 2006

MAY 22 - MIX DAY 6 of 5

Dudes;

I'm back. I've stopped shirking my blogging duties. We've had a few guests come visit us at the mix so I wrangled those suckers into writing my blog.

To be honest... I'm exhausted and slightly delirious. Last week I was doing colour correct during the day and the mix at night getting back to bed around 6am-ish. To top it off, you all remember Morty, my cat... I had to sneak time in during the day to take her to the vet for a spaying and declawing. I had planned on doing it myself, I have vice grips at home. But I think it's illegal.

Anyways, my sleep patterns are messed up and I'm averaging 3 hours a night this past week. I would prefer more, but it's fun as an experience. I kinda feel punchy and drunk... my speech is sometimes slurred and I lose my balance sometimes.... It's definitely weird. My concentration sometimes wonders. As does the concentration of the dudes I'm working with. For instance.... a couple days ago, when we should have been mixing, we all had a debate that lasted 15-20 minutes about the difference between; swashbucklers, Buccaneers, pirates, marauders, Vikings and republicans. It was serious at the time, with each of us having unique opinions. In retrospect, it's ridiculous...

So, today, we are on DAY 6 of what was supposed to be 5 day mix. But, WHOA, the film is sounding F^%$ing WICKED .

The ADR is fitting nicely, the music is kicking ass, the sound design and foley are selling the action..... it's just all awesome. Way more than us losers at Panic Pictures deserve.

We're about 30 minutes from finishing the mix. We then have to do 'go backs' and fix small mistakes/omissions that we have noticed on the way thru. Then we will have a PLAYBACK, where we watch the entire thing... START to FINISH.... then we will give notes and do fixes...... I do NOT know what time we will finish today. But thru the kindness of TATTERSALL SOUND and PICTURE and the talents of all the sound crew, we are gonna have a top notch soundscape for "THE CHAIR"....

Miles to go before we sleep.....

I'll keep you posted.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brett Sullivan said...

Hi Cass.....

Unckie Brett Here.... Movie is gonna be wicked good. Now go to bed and make sure you brush your teeth and wash your face.

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure, sure, it's always the mixers making the magic. What about the poor sod whose office is really a machine room, the guy who makes certain that everything works right. The fellow who finds a few spare days to put down a fabulous looking floor in the theatre so the mixers can wheel their expensive chairs from the mixing console over to the table where their $7.00 latte's are cooling off. The chap who helps you strap a DVCam deck to your back for the bike trek across town. The man who just gives and gives, and then gets second billing to a picture of a cat that's spent too much time in the clothes dryer.
I don't know why I love you when you treat me this way; perhaps I've been playing the fool to your sweet-talking ways for too long!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Brett Sullivan said...

Geee.... I wonder who the above anonymous message could..... Hhmmmmmmm???? I wonder.... Geez Gibson, just come out and admit it.....

Well perhaps if Mr. Anonymous would hold me like he used to, or have a second cup of coffee and just TALK to me..... and maybe if Mr. Anonymous had the courage to look me in the eyes when he leaves at night.... then maybe Ed, I mean Mr. Anonymous would get more credit....

9:53 PM  
Blogger Brett Sullivan said...

Geee.... I wonder who the above anonymous message could..... Hhmmmmmmm???? I wonder.... Geez Gibson, just come out and admit it.....

Well perhaps if Mr. Anonymous would hold me like he used to, or have a second cup of coffee and just TALK to me..... and maybe if Mr. Anonymous had the courage to look me in the eyes when he leaves at night.... then maybe Ed, I mean Mr. Anonymous would get more credit....

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Hit Counter
Free Web Counter

Powered by Blogger